Sunday 28 July 2013

Fabric decoupage

Well I have had some lovely fabric for ages now and never really felt I could make use of it, until that is I found a lovely little unit at a car boot sale a couple of weeks ago.


Quite a cutie I think just needs a lift.



I cut the fabric to size, and started with the lid, covered it with good old Modpoge then applied the fabric smoothly making sure all crinkles and bubbles were smoothed.  A good tip found on the web- not to pull or stretch the fabric as you apply it.  I then did the same with the body of the box, cutting out around the small silver button.  I then applied Modpoge to the whole lot making sure I covered it all.  I have then varnished with a water soluble varnish 4 or 5 times.  This blog was a great inspiration for fabric decoupage http://www.parlourhomeblog.com/2010/08/decoupaging-my-table.html.

I so love this little box now and it will look lovely in our bathroom to hold bits and bobs.   The fabric came from Fancymoon: http://www.fancymoon.co.uk/  Circus cotton.

No comments:

Post a Comment