Friday 2 August 2013

Colette sewing pattern helping me to make my first dress!!

So  a lady in our little village suggested that it would be nice to get together for a sewing group utilising the knowledge and skills of experienced sewers to teach those of us who are novice and  learners.  What a lovely idea and the first 2 meetings have attracted 7+ ladies which is great.  It really is the best way to learn these skills, tips, hints and ideas just flow during the evening and the 2 hours rush by!  There is a wide age range which is great and sharing is the name of the game!

I decided to give a dress a go as I knew there would be lots of help available.  So I searched the web for a beginners pattern and finally chose this Colette Crepe dress which states it is for beginners.  Next I needed to find fabric- I found a lovely linen vintage look fabric at Cloth Spot - clothspot

Not only is the fabric lovely at Cloth Spot I also love their site which really displays the fabric to its potential and they help mix and match as well as giving lovely descriptions.


I found the pattern at www.sewbox.co.uk the patterns are lovely and come with a little booklet of instructions.  I have never used a paper pattern before.  So far I am all cut out and have started sewing!!  Will post photos of progress as time passes!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this Sophie, the fabric and pattern look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice to take a Colette pattern, they are just awesome and everything is so well explained. I am sure with the help of your sewing group you will have an amazing dress at the end! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete