Monday 6 April 2015

Marshmallow Ice Cream

So, having spent the Easter holidays with my very talented daughter I am back to my blogging!  Thank you Holly at Tea and Blush .

I have had a bag of very large marshmallows in my cupboard for a while now and
wondered what I  could do with them other than the obvious toasting and just scoffing!



Campfire-Marshmallows-Giant-Roasters




I did a bit of searching and came across this lovely blog  52 Kitchen Adventures and converted the Homemade Marshmallow Ice Cream recipe.



475ml Milk
475ml double cream
1 10oz bag of large marshmallows
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

1. Place the milk in a large saucepan and add the marshmallows.  Warm over a medium heat whilst stirring until the marshmallows have melted.

2. Remove from the heat and cool.

3. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks and fold into the cooled marshmallow and milk mixture.

4. Stir in the vanilla extract.

5. Place in your ice cream maker and churn until ready.

6. Put your ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze until firm.

7.  Serve on its own for a delicate marshmallow flavour.



Or serve with mini marshmallows for a total experience!!



I would like to try toasted marshmallow ice cream next as this may have a stronger flavour.

Have you made Marshmallow ice cream?  What is your favourite recipe?

Happy creating!
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment